The world’s five top-rated restaurants today have gained their reputations of excellence from their innovative, sophisticated menus, finest quality recipe ingredients and food preparation. These award-winning restaurants are:
- El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain. – This elegant Catalan family restaurant is run by the three Roca brothers–Joan as Head Chef; Josep as Head Sommelier; and Jordi as creative Pastry Chef. A favorite on the modern Spanish menu for finest quality dining is their King prawn (charcoal-grilled), king prawn sand, fried legs, ink rocks, head juice and king prawn essence.
- Noma in Copenhagen, Denmark. – The natural, artistic and eclectic menu at this modern Nordic foods restaurant features dishes with seasonal ingredients obtained by local foraging and sourcing. Chef Rene Redzepi’s creative menu is meant to reveal Danish culture and terrain. A culinary favorite here is Brown crab, egg yolk and local herbs.
- Osteria Francescana in Modena, Italy. – Chef Massimo Bottura of Osteria Francescana artfully combines modern culinary mastery with fashionable tradition in his humorous menu entries. One of his more eccentric dishes is entitled “Camouflage – a hare in the woods.” Ingredients include hare blood, herbs and chestnut displayed to resemble army camouflage in a forest.
- Mugaritz in San Sebastian, Spain. – Diners at Mugaritz enjoy an elegant tasting menu of several courses created by Chef Andoni Luis Aduriz. Creative dishes designed to make a strong, lasting impression on each diner include an irresistible dessert of “Techno-emotional” Chocolate cake, cold almond cream and cocoa bubbles.
- Eleven Madison Park in New York City, USA. – Executive Chef Daniel Humm, James Kent (Chef de Cuisine) and Angela Pinkerton (Pastry Chef) offer an outstanding dining experience of pure magic, surprise and culinary artistry. Cuisine is modern French with a New York touch, and a favored dish is Baked surf clam in combination with Morcilla sausage, celery root, whelk, chowder and roll.